About Our Interim Managers and Management Consultants:
Our team comes to you equipped to handle today’s problems. And today’s health information management (HIM) environment is one that is dynamically changing. Unlike past years when the health information management department was a physical location within the organization housing some paper records but working within electronic health records, the HIM department has evolved into a different structure. HIM today is partially virtual, decentralized, and transitioning to the information governance function for the healthcare organization. It has taken on information security roles, data analytics and data mining of the entity’s Big Data, oversees privacy controls, disclosures, and practices, ensures revenue integrity through coding integrity, monitors patient identity and prevents identity theft, and governs the health information of your patients from a broader spectrum than the historical paper record days.
Today’s Health Information Management and Health Information Integrity directors are responding to challenges unlike the past and need to think “outside” the traditional 4 walls of yesteryear. They must play an integral role in EHR management, staff productivity, cost reduction, regulatory compliance, external audit intrusions, revenue cycle demands, privacy protections, and a myriad of hotspots percolating in our industry. Additionally, these directors must serve as a change agent to streamline workflows and motivate staff to adopt change, focus on customer relations, encourage innovation, and foster collaboration within the healthcare organization and the community served.
Our team of professionals will be visionaries for your health information integrity activities and actively participate in creating solutions for the future information demands of your healthcare delivery system.
- Short-term or Long-Term Engagements (Interim Coverage):
Finding an innovative Director or Manager for your HIM Department takes time. In the interim, your health information management and integrity functions can drift off-course with a significant impact on your cashflow, the revenue cycle, privacy monitoring, and release of information disclosures.
Our approach to temporary management is to place an experienced Health Information Professional with a proven management track record in your organization while search for the right Director or Manager. We will also supplement the skills of the person we place with guidance from another of our team members, when applicable and available.
Our manager will routinely update you on the status of the department and will:
- Assume full day-to-day management
- Evaluate present daily operations
- Stabilize the department’s operations
- Organize workflow and processes
- Interact and collaborate with other department heads and leadership
- Serve as a liaison between medical, clinical, and financial staffs
- Collaborate with others to enhance revenue cycle performance
- Prepare budgets
- Prepare and update policies, and procedures
- Participate on committees and taskforces
- Educate others as needed
- Establish and/or monitor productivity standards
- Evaluate capital and space needs and define requirements
- Monitor compliance with regulatory and accreditation agency requirements
- Orient your newly hired manager
For those organizations that need the skills of a seasoned CFO to fill a vacancy in this key position, First Class Solutions has an experienced executive with excellent qualifications.
Bill Remmich, MBA, FHFMA, is a seasoned healthcare executive with 25 years in senior leadership roles. He has held positions of Interim Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Controller/Director of Finance in major affiliated catholic systems, small to middle market health organizations, stand-alone and government health providers in both the profit and non-profit sectors.
Since 2007, Mr. Remmich has been a principal member of our coding compliance team conducting inpatient DRG and outpatient APC coding compliance reviews primarily for large and mid-sized teaching and tertiary care hospitals. His compliance reviews often identify charge description master (CDM) issues and information system issues. He also has conducted CDM reviews.
Bill has strategic facility and financial planning, revenue cycle, and information technology skills. He is a member of the Kansas and American Health Information Management Associations, the American Academy of Professional Coders, and a Fellow in the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Mr. Remmich is a graduate of Minnesota State University where he obtained his B.S. degree and the University of South Dakota, where he received his M.B.A.
- Coding, Compliance, Privacy, and Case Management Department Services:
Our temporary interim management support services are available for physician practice Coding departments, physician practice and hospital Compliance departments, physician practice and hospital Privacy Officer positions, and hospital Case Management services.
We assist our clients with their recruitment efforts in three ways:
- When we are serving in the interim role for which they are recruiting, we will conduct screening interviews, coordinate on-site interviews, and maintain contact with the candidates until a decision is made.
- Upon request, we will conduct a search for a candidate. The search includes advertising, screening interviews, and referral of qualified candidates to the client.
- We will conduct testing of coding skills for coding candidates. Results will be conveyed only to you, the client, to allow you to factor in the coding score in your selection criteria.
Services are provided on an hourly and cost-incurred basis.